The Asian Lubricants Industry Association (“ALIA” or “Association”) adopts the following Code of Ethics to promote the highest ethical and moral standards of professional conduct in the lubricants industry. Each ALIA member agrees to abide by this Code of Ethics.
These Principles of Ethics are aspirational goals of professional conduct for all Association members. All members of The Asian Lubricants Industry Association pledge to:
- Adhere to a standard of excellence in manufacturing, blending, producing, packaging, promoting and marketing;
- Maintain and service all accounts efficiently and professionally;
- Monitor technological developments to assure availability of the highest quality product and the imposition of the most stringent standards within the lubricants industry;
- Provide opportunities for professional advancement of employees by assisting them to acquire additional knowledge and increased technical competence;
- Impose strict quality controls throughout the lubricant manufacturing and marketing process;
- Represent and market all products and services fairly and accurately;
- Protect and enhance the environment and the health and safety of their employees, their customers’ employees, and consumers through the safe and responsible use and disposal of potentially hazardous substances;
- Always be guided by a spirit of justice, honor and fairness within their communities and in all dealings with other members of the lubricants industry and with associated industries.
Adapted from The ILMA Code of Ethics